NORWICH UNIVERSITY OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
Sept. 14, 2016
Norwich University will host several thousand alumni and guests during annual Homecoming festivities Sept. 16-18 and kick off the “Year of Leadership,” year three in the five-year, $100 million campaign called “Forging the Future.”
During the Saturday, Sept. 17 “All Class Partridge Society Luncheon and Year of Leadership Launch,” alumni will hear from several students who exemplify leadership in various ways, and President Richard W. Schneider will announce campaign progress to date.
Highlights of Homecoming 2016:
Friday, September 16
- 2-5 p.m. The School of Architecture + Art will host an art show of work for sale by current students in the Chaplin Hall Gallery.
- 2-4 p.m. The School of Architecture + Art offers tours of the completed solar-powered tiny house for sale, called CASA. The CASA house was designed and built by Norwich architecture and construction management students.
- 3-3:45 Harmon Wall and Valor Plaque Ceremony in White Memorial Chapel.
Saturday, September 17
- 9:30 a.m. Alumni Parade with NU Corps of Cadets review, on Sabine Field. Watch it on live-stream here.
- Beginning at 11 a.m. Six out of eight NU fall sports teams have games at home; check the schedule here.
- 1:40 p.m. Corps of Cadets Football March-On, Haynes Family Stadium at Sabine Field, to begin the football game against Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI).
About Norwich University
Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates traditional-age students and adults in a Corps of Cadets and as civilians. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in Baccalaureate and Graduate Degrees. Norwich University was founded in 1819 by Captain Alden Partridge of the U.S. Army and is the oldest private military college in the United States of America. Norwich is one of our nation’s six senior military colleges and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC).www.norwich.edu
In fulfillment of Norwich’s mission to train and educate today’s students to be tomorrow’s global leaders and captains of industry, the Forging the Future campaign is committed to creating the best possible learning environment through state-of-the-art academics and world-class facilities. Norwich University will celebrate its bicentennial in 2019. Learn more about the campaign and how to participate in the “Year of Transformation” here: bicentennial.norwich.edu.
Assistant Director of Communications
Office Tel: (802) 485-2886
Mobile: (802) 595-3613