Norwich.edu is open 24/7, 365 days a year and serves as a primary communication vehicle for our university across our many audiences. Great websites help grow audience numbers and engagement, gather information and generate leads, improve customer service, and showcase Norwich. You can always reach us with any changes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our small web development team produces and maintains dozens of university web pages with a strategic focus on mobile, user-centric designs that work across desktop, tablet and mobile devices. Our goal is to make content usable, findable, valuable, credible, desirable and accessible.
How do I….
- get a website for my new event or new program?
Contact the Director of Web Services to schedule a planning and strategy meeting. Norwich University has a web strategy and all pages and sites fit into a bigger picture.
- read this monthly analytics report that I receive?
Contact us for a rundown on how to leverage your page’s analytics report or WordPress dashboard analytics. This data can help you plan the type of content that really reaches your audience.
- add a feature to my webpage?
Our web services team can help you make small tweaks to your web page. If it’s something you have seen on our website/s, please contact us to see if it’s a good fit. Email us at email@example.com.
- update information on my webpage/website?
If you don’t have access to make edits yourself, send them to us. Include copy and a detailed explanation of where the change needs to be completed. If you do have access, but forgot how to do it, let us know that you need to schedule a refresher training. We can also help if you need an eye on copy editing or storytelling. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Web Services manages the main Norwich University website, Norwich.edu, as well as many other NU sites. Web Services is currently working on a full redesign and overhaul of Norwich.edu.
- Web Services also supports the college eNewsletters and the Norwich Record online.
- If you have requested a small update or change to your web page, this can be completed for you in one business day.
- If you have contacted us to discuss a new project, you will receive a response in one business day to schedule a planning discussion.
- The web services team will be focused on the Norwich.edu redesign over the next year. As such, please give them as much notice as you can when requesting site updates or trainings.
Web Services works with a vendor to maintain the online campus map, which is an interactive tool to help visitors find their way around campus. The map includes “overlays” to help narrow a visitors’ search, and provides a brief history of the campus buildings and sites.
What We Offer
- Website and Webpage Design & Development
- Content Strategy
- Online Newsletters
- WordPress Training
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Analytics
- Web Content Accessibility Guideline Compliance