Norwich.edu is open 24/7, 365 days a year and serves as a primary communication vehicle for our university across our many audiences. Great websites help grow audience numbers and engagement, gather information and generate leads, improve customer service, and showcase Norwich.
Our small web development team produces and maintains dozens of university web pages with a strategic focus on mobile, user-centric designs that work across desktop, tablet and mobile devices. Our goal is to make content usable, findable, valuable, credible, desirable and accessible.
What We Offer
- Website and Webpage Design & Development
- Content Strategy
- Online Newsletters
- WordPress Training
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Analytics
- Web Content Accessibility Guideline Compliance
How do I….
- get a website for my new event or new program?
Contact Lo Alvarez to schedule a planning and strategy meeting. Norwich University has a web strategy and all pages and sites fit into a bigger picture.
- read this monthly analytics report that I receive?
Contact Lo for a rundown on how to leverage your page’s analytics report or WordPress dashboard analytics. This data can help you plan the type of content that really reaches your audience.
- add a feature to my webpage?
Jeff Dobbin can help you make small tweaks to your web page. If it’s something you have seen on our website/s, please contact Jeff to see if it’s a good fit.
- update information on my webpage/website?
If you don’t have access to make edits yourself, send them to Jeff. Include copy and a detailed explanation of where the change needs to be completed. If you do have access, but forgot how to do it, let Jeff know that you need to schedule a refresher training. If you need an eye on copy editing or storytelling, contact Sean Markey.
- Web Services manages the main Norwich University website, Norwich.edu, as well as many other NU sites. In 2017, Web Services will work on a redesign and overhaul of Norwich.edu.
- Web Services also supports the college eNewsletters and the Norwich Record online.
- If you have requested a small update or change to your web page, this can be completed for you in one business day.
- If you have contacted Lo to discuss a new project, you will receive a response in one business day to schedule a planning discussion.
- The web services team will be focused on the Norwich.edu redesign over the next year. As such, please give them as much notice as you can when requesting site updates or trainings.
Web Services works with a vendor to maintain the online campus map, which is an interactive tool to help visitors find their way around campus. The map includes “overlays” to help narrow a visitors’ search, and provides a brief history of the campus buildings and sites.